Skip to main navigation bar Skip to main content


Students interested in attending Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer terms may do so at any time since Elmira College offers rolling admissions.

If you're unsure about a pursuing a Master's Degree in Education or General Management, consider applying for an Advanced Certificate, or non-degree graduate study so you can take classes for professional development or personal enrichment. The credits earned in these classes may be applied toward a Master's Degree if you decide to pursue a degree.

Admission Requirements for the MSED Programs and the MS in General Management Program

  • A completed bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
  •  A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 for the Master of Science in Management program and a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 for the Master of Science in Education: Adolescence Education, Master of Science in Education: Literacy, and Master of Science in Education: General Education programs. (Candidates possessing undergraduate GPAs below the required minimums may be considered for conditional admission by the Director of Graduate Studies on a case-by-case basis.)  
  • Completion of an approved content major, such as Biology, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, Social Studies/History, or a related field (MSED Adolescence Education candidates only).
  • New York State initial teacher certification or documentation evidencing that such certification is imminently forthcoming (MSED Literacy candidates only).

Required Materials include:

  • Completed application form.
  • Official transcripts from each college or university attended while earning a bachelor's degree.
  • Documentation of your initial teacher certification (MSED Literacy candidates only).
  • Two professional recommendations


Choose the "EC Online Application" and apply online. Once you've successfully submitted your application and have been admitted to a program, be sure to apply for financial aid, even if you think you may not qualify. Visit our Paying for College page for additional information.